“Team Up to Clean Up!” is a beautification program initiated in 2019 to help reverse the process of neighborhood deterioration and enhance the quality of life in the city.
By volunteering with your family and neighbors for a clean-up event in your neighborhood, you can help reduce the number of weeds, trash, junk, and debris on city sidewalks and streets
Event Dates in 2023:
- April 22 - Great American Clean Up
- May 20 - District 6 Clean Up
- June 10 - District 5 Clean Up
- July 15 - District 4 Clean Up
- August 19 - District 3 Clean Up
- September 16 - District 2 Clean Up
- October 14 - Toss No Mas Clean Up
- November 18 - District 1 Clean Up
Day of District Event
- Las Cruces Utilities Solid Waste will provide a roll-off container for each event to utilize throughout the weekend.
- KLCB staff will have a supply station at that location during the event.
- Residents can find their district at las-cruces.org/DistrictMap, and the times are the same for each date.
KLCB can supply trash bags, gloves, safety vests, and pick-up tools free of charge to any group or individual doing a voluntary clean-up events scheduled on other dates within the city, . Supplies are available from 8 – 10 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 Bell. Ave. (near the corner of Bell Ave. & Linden Ave.). Look for the KLCB canopy.