LCFD preparing for Academy 35 in Summer/Fall 2022
The Las Cruces Fire Department is accepting applications for its 35th fire academy that's set to begin on Sept. 12, 2022. The anticipated graduation date is Dec. 16.
Applications for Fire Cadet must be submitted no later than June 29. More information and a link to apply can be found HERE Version OptionsCareer OpportunitiesHeadline.
|June 29, 2022||Applications due.||Online||11:59 p.m.|
|June 25, 2022|
LCFD offers Physical Ability Tests to prospective candidates, 18 years and older, to assess their stamina and agility skills before applying for a position. Firefighters will be on hand to provide tips and answer questions. Candidates should dress appropriately – athletic shoes and apparel are suggested.
|Fire Station 7, 1050 Crawford Blvd.||8:30 a.m. to noon|
|July 8, 2022||Written Test (email notifications will be sent to all applicants with instructions to pre-register for the test. Individuals who fail to pre-register will not be allowed to test).||To Be Determined||To be determined|
|Summer 2022||Personal History Statement screening.||Las Cruces Fire Department Training Tower||To be determined|
|Summer 2022||Interviews.||To Be Determined||To be determined|
|Summer 2022||Background checks, physicals, medicals, polygraphs (only for individuals selected to continue).||To Be Determined||To be determined|
|Sept. 12, 2022||Fire Academy start date.||LCFD Training Facility||To be determined|
|Dec. 16, 2022||Anticipated graduate date.||TBA||TBA|
- High school diploma or equivalent. Age 18 by the start of the Fire Academy. Must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet department standards.
- Valid drivers license required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
- LCFD will provide EMT-Basic course as a portion of the current Academy hiring.
- Prior to the start of the academy and as part of the selection process, candidates must pass:
- Acrophobia Test
- Assessment board
- Background investigation (to include a polygraph test
- Medical examination upon offer of position (includes drug screening)
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Written exam (has no study guide)
If you meet these qualifications, please fill out an application as instructed.
Apply now on the Job Interest Card. You will select Fire and EMS, as the Las Cruces Fire Department provides both of these services in our organization. Verify that your email address is correct before submitting. You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received. Please be sure to check your spam folders and add the City of Las Cruces as an approved sender for all email correspondence.