Arts & Culture
The Las Cruces Convention and Visitors Bureau provides more information on Las Cruces and Surrounding Area Galleries. Dona Ana Arts Council lists current events related to visual arts, artist support, arts education, arts festivals and much more. New Mexico State University Department of Art serves a diverse population through its dynamic and rigorous studio, design and art history and art conservation programs.
The City of Las Cruces has established Film Las Cruces, which is the liaison between City government and filmmakers. For a complete list of performing arts groups, go to the Las Cruces Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Other links include:
- American Southwest Theatre Company at New Mexico State University
- Rio Grande Theatre lists current events related to performing arts, arts education and much more.
- Las Cruces Community Theatre
- Las Cruces Symphony
- Mesilla Valley Concert Band
- No Strings Theatre Company at the Black Box
Take a virtual Las Cruces art tour of iconic and lesser known public art located in the city, find artist opportunities and resources, meet the City Art Board and learn more about the Las Cruces Public Art program and master plan.
- Branigan Cultural Center hosts a permanent local history exhibit and changing cultural exhibits, as well as educational programs, classes, and other special events. The building is on the National and State Registries of Historic Buildings.
- Museum of Art hosts changing contemporary art exhibits, including national, international, juried, traveling, and invitational exhibits. It runs an extensive art studio class program for all ages.
- Museum of Nature and Science is an interactive experience with three permanent exhibits featuring Desert Life, Permian Trackways, and Light and Space. Text and labels for these exhibits are in English and Spanish.
- Railroad Museum interprets the railroad history of Las Cruces and the impact of the railroad in southern New Mexico. The museum is located in the historic Santa Fe Railroad Depot on 351 North Mesilla Street
For a complete list of museums and monuments, go to the Las Cruces Convention and Visitors Bureau.
For a complete list of festivals and events, go to the Las Cruces Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Annual Fourth of July Electric Light Parade celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence in 1776 with parade floats decorated with electric lights, live entertainment and a spectacular nighttime fireworks display. Check out the City of Las Cruces events calendar for details near the event date.
- Renaissance Craft Fair features local, state, and regional artisans who gather to participate in a juried art show and exhibition. Only the highest quality arts and crafts are for sale accompanied by live theater, dancing, music and food, all with a Renaissance theme.