Teen Connection 2022-23
Our educational and recreational programming is centered around five program areas:
- Fitness and Outdoor Fun—Providing opportunities to move and exercise through team sports, cooperative games, and outdoor adventure activities.
- Education and Technology—Supporting students in their educational goals through homework support, nutrition education, and introduction to computers, gaming, and technology.
- Service and Civic Engagement—Involving teens in service opportunities that benefit their community; helping youth to find and use their voice through community involvement and fostering leadership.
- Prevention and Life Skills—Facilitating teen discussions and educational presentations with guest speakers to promote prevention, teach life skills, and develop communication skills and healthy social behaviors.
- Arts & Culture—Incorporating arts, music, and cultural programming to encourage new experiences through multiple media forms and understanding through exposure to different cultural perspectives.
Educational Opportunities and Community Engagement
Teen Hikes and Outdoor Adventure
- Parks and Recreation Administration Office, 1501 E. Hadley Ave., 8a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday.
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave., 9 a.m. to 5p.m. Monday to Friday.
- A. Fielder Memorial Safe Haven, 906 N. Tornillo St., noon to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
Questions? Please contact staff at:
Office: (575) 528-4235 Cell: (575) 339-5286 or email us at [email protected]
Program Location & Times
Field trips and special events such as these may require registration and/or a small fee with limited spaces available.