Licensing & Vaccinations

All animals that live within the city limits must have a city pet license and be vaccinated for rabies per city ordinances.

What You Need to License Your Pet

  • Proof of kennel license if more than 3 pets
  • Proof of medical exemption for spay/neuter
  • Proof of owners age (65 years or older) for the senior discount
  • Proof of purebred registration for purebred license
  • Proof of rabies vaccinations
  • Proof of spay/neuter for discounted cost on license

Where to Get City Pet License

  • The Animal Service Center of the Mesilla Valley
    3551 Bataan Memorial W
    Las Cruces, NM 88012
  • Monday through Friday: Noon until 6 p.m.
    Saturday and Sunday: Noon until 5 p.m.

Kennel License

Any premises on which more than three dogs or three cats or three rabbits, or any combination thereof in excess of three, but not more than seven in number. A Kennel License is only issued by Las Cruces Animal Control. For more information call 575-528-4100 or email Gino Jimenez or K. Welborn.